The vast Gastein Valley is home to natural beauty, pristine landscape, fantastic views and wonderful experiences between active adventure and relaxed enjoyment. Numerous other excursion destinations in the vicinity make every Steindlwirt holiday a spectacle. The Grossglockner High Alpine Road not only reveals a magnificent panorama, because there are exciting and spectacular things to discover at the twelve stations of the Grossglockner Adventure World.
Nature meets fun and games
Said stations ensure a highly varied excursion to the Großglockner. Coming from the Salzburg side, they are structured as follows:
- Piffkar: A playground, a nature trail with larch meadows and a special show on the mountains await after the Fusch toll station.
- Information point Hochmais: The vegetation levels traveled through on the way through the Grossglockner Adventure World are presented.
- House Alpine Nature Show: With the ecology museum, the lichen educational trail and the second part of the special mountain show, there is plenty of variety.
- Highest point edelweiss tip: At the highest point of the High Alpine Road, the view extends over tens of three-thousand-meter peaks.
- Fuscher Törl: Finally the view of the Grossglockner falls. The viewing terrace is a great photo spot.
- Birds of prey information point: The “kings of the skies” are presented on informative display boards.
- Fuscher La> Geological educational trail: Here you can put your acquired knowledge of nature to the test.
- Hochtor pass: the apex of the High Alpine Road is home to an exciting exhibition with a bronze statue and an educational hiking trail about the Celts, packers and Romans.
- Schöneck: There is a lot to discover about flora and fauna on the botanical circular hiking trail with nature show. Children let off steam in the themed playground.
- Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe: The visitor center is home to viewpoints, exhibitions and the Glockner cinema. Numerous panorama trails and alpine trails start here.
- Kasereck information point: The concluding Großglockner adventure world provides insights into the natural and cultural landscape of the Upper Mölltal. Then the beautiful late Gothic church in Heiligenblut wants to be visited.
The Grossglockner High Alpine Road with its twelve adventure stations is just one of many excursion destinations around the Gastein Valley that you should definitely visit during your Steindlwirt holiday. Your hosts always have up-to-date, seasonal tips in their luggage for you. We are happy to take yours non-binding request opposite!
Copyright photo: GROSSGLOCKNER.AT