Adventures on winter holidays in Dorfgastein
The next winter will come
The village of Dorfgastein is the smallest municipality in the Gastein Valley – idyllically situated and ideal for a winter holiday in the Salzburg region. Whether you want to carve your turns on the ski slopes of Ski amadé, go on wonderful winter hikes or explore the landscape on cross-country skis, that’s entirely up to you. In any case, the Steindlwirt is the central starting point for winter fun. Nothing stands in the way of a perfect winter holiday in Dorfgastein!
Ski holidays in the Gastein Valley
Two boards that mean the world: As a Steindlwirt guest, you come to the Ski vacation on your costs. Access to the ski area Dorfgastein – Großarl is only 300 m away from our country hotel. Countless descents of various difficulty levels await you here, made accessible by comfortable ascent aids. The free ski bus, which runs every 15 minutes from 8:30 a.m. in Dorfgastein, takes you to the valley station of the mountain railways in no time at all. With a valid ski pass, the Postbus will also take you to other ski areas in the Gastein Valley free of charge. Ski schools, ski rentals and excellent hut cuisine sweeten your winter holiday in Dorfgastein. In the evening, you can store your skis, poles and equipment in our ski room with integrated ski boot dryer.
Adventure on endless trails
Attention cross-country skiers : Winter in the Gastein Valley becomes a festival for fans of Nordic sports. A whopping 50 kilometers of cross-country ski runs inspire both cross-country skiers in classic style and skaters. Whether high-altitude trails with guaranteed snow or leisurely floodlit trails, the Gastein Valley has magnificent conditions for Nordic skiing. The local ski schools also offer cross-country skiing and even biathlon introductory courses. Your winter holiday in Dorfgastein is the perfect opportunity to discover this healthy sport for yourself!
Enjoyable snowshoe and winter hiking
Idyllic silence, untouched nature and great views: Winter in Dorfgastein becomes a touching experience. Walk through the wonderful landscape of the Gastein Valley on cleared, marked winter hiking trails and enjoy romantic, intimate moments together. With snowshoes you can reach even more remote spots quite quickly. We recommend introductory courses at the local ski schools as well as the weekly guided tours of the tourism association – ideal for getting to know how to use snowshoes and the diverse Gastein Valley.
More winter adventures on holiday in the Gastein Valley
But that’s not all! A varied stay awaits you at the Steindlwirt with the following possible highlights:
- Ski touring: The finest deep snow and untouched pistes in the middle of the ski area – sounds like a dream that becomes a wonderful reality in the Gastein Valley. Three marked routes – Stubnerkogel, Graukogel and Jungeralm – await you. Ski tour beginners in particular should never go out without a trained guide!
- Freeriding: Real power runs make the Gastein region a Mecca for freeriders. The three Golden Routes in Sportgastein are particularly suitable for experienced drivers. At the Open Faces Gastein, the best freeriders in the world are working on qualifying for the World Tour.
- Tobogganing: Children and adults love fast-paced tobogganing and sledding fun. The in-house run of the Bellevue Alm and the night-lit natural toboggan run Aeroplan on the Schlossalm want to be conquered.
- Horse- drawn sleigh ride: A different way of experiencing the snow-covered landscape during your winter holiday in Dorfgastein is a leisurely ride in a horse-drawn sleigh. Packed up well, you can take two horsepower through the valley and the ski areas.
- Husky sleigh ride: A unique experience awaits you on the high plateau at the end of the Gasteinertal valley. After a short introduction, you can go dog sledding on wintry trails. Children acquire their first small musher diploma on the husky experience day.
- Ice skating and curling: The ice skating rinks in Bad Gastein and Bad Hofgastein invite you to take relaxed laps over the perfectly prepared ice. Have you ever tried your hand at curling? Three lanes await you!
- Ice climbing: The Gastein ice climbing hotspot is primarily reserved for experienced climbers. Meter-high ice pillars at the waterfall in the center of Bad Gastein regularly attract top international athletes.
- Snowbiking: who actually says that cyclists don’t get anything out of a winter holiday in Dorfgastein? The wheels are replaced by runners and off you go down the slopes in Ski amadé.
Spend your winter holiday in Dorfgastein and discover the diversity of the region around the cozy Landhotel Steindlwirt. We look forward to your inquiry!