The best summer activities in Gastein for Steindlwirt guests
Holidays for every taste
Once the snow disappears from the valleys and the landscape starts turning green, when the alps lay open their lush meadows and welcome cattle onto their pastures, when cool deep blue mountain lakes form a stark contrast to craggy mountain summits and snow-covered glaciers, it’s time for the warm season in Gastein and its summer activities. Have you already made plans for your summer holidays in Dorfgastein? Exciting sport and leisure options await active guests and those looking for relaxation at the ***Landhotel Steindlwirt. Let us introduce you to some of the highlights.
Hiking for all ages
Located in the heart of the Hohe Tauern National Park, your summer in Gastein promises irrepressible Hiking pleasure . Hundreds of kilometers of paths and trails, guided tours and family hiking trails lead through the cool valley. With a pleasant mix of leisurely walks, uplifting alpine paths with a welcome stop and steep mountain tours for real professionals, there is something for every taste. You can also enjoy the top service for hikers at the *** Landhotel Steindlwirt:
- Free hiking maps at reception
- Free laundry and drying service on enquiry
- Hiking equipment available at Sport Egger and Hervis
- Organised guided tours with an experienced national park ranger
Cycling and mountain biking
Would you prefer to spend your summer vacation in the Gastein Valley on two wheels? You’re welcome! The 65 km long valley is called Cyclists and mountain bikes r welcome. Breathtaking alpine panorama and cool forests accompany tours over mountains and valleys in all degrees of difficulty. The Steindlwirt is right on the Alpe Adria cycle path – ideal as a rest stop and overnight accommodation before starting the next of the eight stages. E-bikers enjoy the dense network of charging stations and conquer even steep passages thanks to the electric motor power. This is what bike guests can expect at the *** Landhotel Steindlwirt:
- Lockable bike garage
- Service and repair equipment with tyre inflators and service suitcase plus arrangement of sport and repair shops
- Free laundry and drying service for regular amounts of laundry
- Savoury snack for fresh strength
- Charging station for e-bike and e-mountain bikes
- Bicycle, mountain bike and e-bike rental at Sport Egger
Other summer highlights
Your summer holiday in the Gastein Valley has other exciting highlights to offer! We particularly recommend the following experiences:
- Golf: Work on your handicap on the magnificent fairways of the Golf clubs in Gastein with 18 tricky holes in the heart of the Hohe Tauern National Park and discover other golf courses in the vicinity.
- Swim: A little cooling off shouldn’t be missing on a summer holiday in the Gastein Valley. Of the Gastein swimming lake invites you to splash around, swim and sunbathe. In bad weather, the Alpentherme Bad Hofgastein is waiting for you. Steindlwirt guests enjoy free entry to the Dorfgastein solar bath!
- Ride: Happiness on earth is actually on the back of a horse! Discover the valley in any weather. Take riding lessons in one of the two riding stables in Gastein or book rides with the picturesque mountain panorama as a seductive backdrop.
- Climb: Conquer some of the most beautiful mountains in Austria, such as the Stubnerkogel or the Schlossalm, with climbing equipment and the mountain railways as an ascent aid. Guided tours, courses and your own via ferrata await you.
- Archery: Well targeted is half the battle on the three archery courses in Dorfgastein, Bad Hofgastein and Bad Gastein. Concentration, skill and a little strength are required when aiming for your goal.
- Panning for gold: Gold was first found in the Alps over 2000 years ago. Today the occurrence is quite low, and yet the little treasure hunt is really fun. Try your luck in Bad Hofgastein, at the Waldgasthof Angertal or at the Alte Pöck!
- Flying Fox: A little thrill should not be missing on a summer holiday in the Gastein Valley. At a dizzying height you race on the cable winch high above the roaring waterfall of Bad Gastein. You may even feel a few cool drops of water.
Travelling through the province of Salzburg
Round off your vacation with inspiring Excursions in the region around your hotel. Reservoirs, gorge visits, museums, one or the other alpine pasture and an excursion to the Mozart city of Salzburg are among the things on the program. With the SalzburgerLand Card You can also enjoy numerous advantages and top discounts for excursion destinations and activities throughout the state!
Dorfgastein in summer promises many a highlight for young and old. Relax in the *** Landhotel Steindlwirt and enjoy all the summer advantages for active adventures in the region. Everything that is still missing for your perfect summer holiday in the Gastein Valley is yours non-binding request !