The best summer activities in Gastein for Steindlwirt guests
Holidays for every taste
Once the snow disappears from the valleys and the landscape starts turning green, when the alps lay open their lush meadows and welcome cattle onto their pastures, when cool deep blue mountain lakes form a stark contrast to craggy mountain summits and snow-covered glaciers, it’s time for the warm season in Gastein and its summer activities. Have you already made plans for your summer holidays in Dorfgastein? Exciting sport and leisure options await active guests and those looking for relaxation at the ***Landhotel Steindlwirt. Let us introduce you to some of the highlights.
Hiking for all ages
Located in the heart of the Hohe Tauern National Park, your summer in Gastein promises unlimited hiking entertainment. Hundreds of kilometres of paths and trails, guided tours and family hikes lead through the beautiful Gastein Valley. With its inviting mix of cosy walkways, challenging alp paths with welcome rest stops and steep mountain tours for genuine pros, there’s something here for every taste. Don’t miss out on our top-notch services for hikers at the ***Landhotel Steindlwirt:
- Free hiking maps at reception
- Free laundry and drying service on enquiry
- Hiking equipment available at Sport Egger and Hervis
- Organised guided tours with an experienced national park ranger
Cycling and mountain biking
Do some of your favourite summer activities in Gastein involve two wheels? Sounds like a plan! The 65-km-long valley welcomes cyclists and mountain bikers. Breathtaking alpine panoramas and forests accompany tours of all difficulties across mountains and valleys. The Hotel Steindlwirt is situated directly at the Alpe Adria Cycling Trail – ideal as a rest stop and overnight option before embarking on the next of the eight stages. E-bikers can enjoy the dense network of charging stations and conquer even steep sections thanks to electric motor support. Here’s what’s available at the ***Landhotel Steindlwirt for bike guests:
- Lockable bike garage
- Service and repair equipment with tyre inflators and service suitcase plus arrangement of sport and repair shops
- Free laundry and drying service for regular amounts of laundry
- Savoury snack for fresh strength
- Charging station for e-bike and e-mountain bikes
- Bicycle, mountain bike and e-bike rental at Sport Egger
Other summer highlights
Your summer holiday in Gastein Valley has even more amazing highlights in store!
- Work on your handicap on the stellar fairways of the Golf Club Gastein with 18 tricky holes in the heart of Hohe Tauern National Park, and discover additional golf facilities nearby.
- Your summer stay will also need some cooling-off. The swimming lake in Gastein is ideal for splashing about, swimming and catching some sun. Hit the Alpentherme thermal spa Bad Hofgastein in bad weather. Steindlwirt guests enjoy free admission to the Solarbad Dorfgastein!
Travelling through the province of Salzburg
Cap off your stay with amazing trips throughout the region. Reservoir lakes, gorge visits, museums, and an excursion to the Mozart city of Salzburg are on the itinerary. Furthermore, enjoy numerous advantages and amazing discounts for destinations and summer activities in Gastein and whole country with the SalzburgerLand Card!
Dorfgastein in summer promises many highlights for all ages. Relax at the ***Landhotel Steindlwirt and enjoy all the summer advantages for active adventurers in the region. The only thing missing is your non-binding enquiry!