Winter is approaching with giant strides. The first snowfalls clothe the Gastein Valley in a quiet, white dress, the preparations for the new season are already in full swing and Christmas will soon be around the corner. Before the festival of love, the region shows its beautiful, idyllic side. Advent in Gastein is pure tradition and customs in the middle of the deeply snow-covered Hohe Tauern. Look forward to a particularly varied pre-Christmas season with numerous exciting and quiet events!
The Advent markets
Hardly any other institution stands for lived tradition as much as the various Advent and Christmas markets in the vast Gastein Valley. Artistic craftsmanship and culinary delicacies go hand in hand here. Marvel at the Christmas tree decorations and nativity scenes, plus a hot cup of mulled wine and a few cookies while tender snowflakes dance from the sky – what could be nicer? We can particularly recommend the following Advent markets:
- Advent magic Bad Hofgastein: every weekend from Friday, December 1st, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., town center
- Böckstein Christmas Market: Friday, December 8th, from 2 p.m., Böckstein / Bad Gastein
- Dorfgastein Advent market: Saturday, December 9th, from 12 noon, community park
- Christmas market in the Merangarten: Saturday Sunday, 9. & 10 December, Merangarten Bad Gastein
The most beautiful advent events
Concerts, Krampus runs and hikes – there is a lot going on in Advent in the Gastein Valley for a quiet time! Here are some event highlights not to be missed:
- Krampus run: At the 5. and December 6th, more than 100 Krampus passes through Dorfgastein, Bad Gastein and Bad Hofgastein to drive away evil spirits.
- Böcksteiner Advent Singing: Atmospheric Christmas carols are on the program during Advent singing in the Böckstein pilgrimage church on December 8th.
- Advent hike on the legend trail: During the evening torchlight hike on December 17th, Advent stories accompany you through the valley followed by a drink.
Spend your Advent in Gastein and experience many other highlights of the quiet season as a Steindlwirt guest – your hosts have many more tips in store for you. Make a claim today non-binding vacation offer and look forward to moving pre-Christmas experiences!
Copyright photo: Gasteinertal Tourism